Friday, December 14, 2012

Today's Tragedy

The school shooting in Connecticut brings tears to my eyes, grief to my heart and weariness to my soul. I am asking God to bring comfort to the families of those killed and to the survivors and their families as they walk a desperately painful path ahead. I am weary of evil. Jeremiah 17:9 says the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. That was demonstrated today and is demonstrated in me and each one of us when we choose words or actions that are evil. I long for Jesus' return and the end of Satan's reign.  Meanwhile, I am reminded not to "cast the first stone" and to pay closer attention to God's instructions for LIFE for me and those around me.

On a practical level, here is some good counsel for those of you with children from
http://www.themobsociety.com/2012/12/how-and-what-to-share-with-your-children-when-tragedy-strikes/

Praying and hoping in God...
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.