Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life lessons from Bejeweled Blitz

Bejeweled Blitz is a simple game in which matching 3-5 "jewels" in a row results in points. Sometimes specific jewels are given special qualities that would net many extra points if used in matching. When that happens, I find myself so often distracted by wanting those jewels to match up with their partners that I fail to see the other obvious matches on the board. What's spiritual about that, you ask?

Often I have an idea for God that I think is spectacular. I ask for it and look for it and wait. During the wait, I think I may miss God's obvious work and will because my eyes are only looking for what I want to have happen. From now on, I intend to start looking more broadly for what He's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog.